Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hebrews 13:5-6

Hebrews 13:5-6 – Keep your lives free from the Love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”



           What a promise! In this life it is hard to depend on anything. Even people with the best intentions will still let you down, but God is different. God tells us “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” And one thing we can know for sure is that whatever God says is true.
           God will stay true to His word and will keep all of His promises. Now let’s take a look at what this precedes this promise. In verse 5 we are told to live free from the love of money and to be content with what we have. This love of money also includes a love of material things. If we are always looking to have more we will never be content with what we have. If we aren’t content with what we have we will never be able to enjoy life.
           We see this is true because if we are not content with where we are currently it means we are constantly looking to what our life would be if only we had “this” or “that”. God does not want you to live like this. He wants you to trust Him. That is why we are told to be content.
           When we are happy with our life we can look to God and He will meet our needs. He is our helper and provider. With Him on our side we have nothing to fear, because the world won’t be able to touch us. Paul the apostle made the statement, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is like to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.” So be content and trust God, for He has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment