Friday, July 18, 2014

1 John 3:1

1 John 3:1 - How great is the Love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.



I am a child of God! Every time I say it I receive a new level of revelation to what it means. Think about how much God Loves us to call us His children.
I remember when I had my first son, Tristen. Before he was born I knew I would Love him, but I had no idea how much. Once I had him in my arms I was overwhelmed with how much I truly Loved him. 
I Loved him so much that when we were getting ready to have our second baby it scared me. In my mind I couldn't see how I could Love another child as much as I Loved Tristen.
That, however, is part of the awesomeness of the Love of God. Once Logan was in my arms I knew I Loved him just as much as Tristen. And it wasn’t even that my Love was divided between the two. All of my Love was for Tristen and all of my Love was for Logan. I could truly say that I Loved both of them fully and equally.
It’s hard to understand just how it works and even harder to explain, but that is how God’s Love is for us. He Loves each of us fully and unconditionally.
God doesn't have to split His Love because that is how His Love works. It is greater than we can comprehend. Just know this: when you are in God and God is in you, you do not have to share Him. He is your Father, your Daddy and He Loves you as His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment