Thursday, November 27, 2014

Romans 10:9


Romans 10:9 - That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.




Confess and believe. This is where our journey with Christ begins. It is a simple start to an amazing life. I made this step many years ago as a child. The exact date is foggy, but I remember the night clearly. I was about 9 or 10.
It was a Saturday. My family and I had just returned home from a Christmas shopping trip with our church. I don’t remember what sparked the conversation, but my step father, John, began sharing with me the path to salvation.
I grew up in what you would more or less call a Christian home. We went to church regularly and reading the Bible was a common occurrence. I knew about Jesus, but this was the night I officially made a commitment to Him. At church the next morning I answered the altar call and confessed Christ in front of our church body.
Since then it has not been easy. There have been highs and lows. To be honest, there have been times when I didn't know how I would continue on. Giving your life to God does not mean it will get easier, in fact, there are times when it will be harder. But through those times you will always have someone to lean on.
Some call Jesus a crutch. I couldn't agree more. There are times when I might even call Him a stretcher, because without Him carrying me there is no way I would have made it through.
So, is following Jesus hard? Yes, but the alternative is even worse. God changed my life for the better and serving Him is definitely worth it. If you choose Him, you will never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment