Monday, October 20, 2014

John 21:22



John 21:22 - Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”




A decision has to be made. You can’t side with the crowd, you can’t phone a friend. It is not about what everyone else is doing. This decision is one you have to make for yourself. Are you going to follow Jesus? Are you going to do what He has called you to do?
Often we find ourselves where Peter was on this day, wanting to know about those around us. It is easier to do something if you know at least one other person will be doing it too. ‘What about him Lord?’ Peter asked.
Have you ever asked that question when God wants you to do something? I know I have. There have been times in my life where I have not acted because no one else would. I was scared to stand alone.
That’s where I was wrong in my thinking. God says that if you follow Him you will never be alone. He will never leave you or forsake you. We need to put all our trust in Him. If He tells us to do something, do it. It doesn't matter what those around you are doing. You must decide for yourself. Are you going to follow Jesus?
Peter made the decision and his life was never the same. He went on to do some amazing things for God. I promise you, though it may be hard, if you choose to follow Jesus the reward will be eternal. You must decide today who you will serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment