Friday, October 17, 2014

John 18:36


John 18:36 - Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place.” “My kingdom is not of this world,” Jesus tells us. He said that if were His kingdom He would fight for it. What are you fighting for? Many times I find myself fighting for the wrong things. Sometimes it is success, or possessions, or other things this world has to offer. Jesus tells us that this world is not worth fighting for, in a sense it is a lost cause. The world we live in is fallen and will perish and will eventually be replaced with a new kingdom; a new earth and a new heaven. So what should we fight for? We should fight for the things that are eternal. What is the only thing we will be able to take with us when leave this earth? People; people are the only part of this world that will be able to come to heaven with us. If we look at Jesus life we see that He fought for the lives of everybody. That was the whole reason He even came to earth. So, what can we take from this? Should we forsake everything? I’m not saying you should, but I am not saying you shouldn’t. What I am saying is that you need to weigh your priorities and make sure the life you are living is producing eternal fruit. Are you touching and changing peoples lives for the better? You should be. That is why we are here. Know that all these other things are not all bad, but there are definitely some things that are more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment