Saturday, May 10, 2014

Galatians 2:20

Galatians 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who Loved me and gave Himself for me.




           What or who are you living for? Do you have a purpose beyond yourself? Where does your life come from? These are questions we all must ask ourselves as we seek to discover what our purpose in life is. When we are born we are born with a sinful nature. Because of that nature we are looking out for ourselves, and the life we live is a selfish one.
           Then there is Jesus. He was born with the same sinful nature as we have, yet He was without sin. He lived His life to God and for us. Jesus was 100% God, but He was also 100% man. You might say that He had an unfair advantage, but I say thanks be to God for coming to earth to save us. Without Jesus we would have no hope. He went to death for you and me.
           As we give our life to Him we are joining Him in His death, but we also join Him in life. We die to our sinful nature and are reborn in the Spirit. Now we are in the same place as Jesus. We are still 100% man, but now we also have 100% God inside of us. Our life is no longer our own; we belong to God.
           Paul’s statement, “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me” now becomes ours as well. This new life that we live is by faith in Jesus and all He did. It is through His Love that our renewed life is possible. We have to make the choice to accept it. Then we renew our minds to this new Christ-life.
Through faith we make the statement, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who Loved me and gave Himself for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment