Sunday, March 16, 2014

Acts 20:24

Acts 20:24 - However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord has given to me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.




Paul was on his way to Jerusalem. He knew that the Holy Spirit was leading him there to share the message of the gospel. On his way he was passing near Ephesus and wanted to see the leaders there one last time. As he spoke to them he told them that he know what was waiting for him in Jerusalem. All he knew was that the Spirit had told him that he would eventually face prison and hardship. He also told them that he would not see any of them again, but it would all be worth it.
His life was no longer about his own desires and pleasures, but about God. As he says in this verse “I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.”
Now most of us have a ways to go before we can say, “my life means nothing to me,” but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be fulfilling the calling on our life. God has called each one of us to testify the gospel of His grace through Jesus Christ. It is not necessarily God’s desire that you give up everything, just that you put Him before everything. We must answer the call He has placed on us and live the life He has for us. As we follow His leading and draw closer to Him we will begin to value Him more than ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment