Friday, March 14, 2014

Acts 18:9-10

Acts 18:9-10 - One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.”



When Paul was preaching the Word of God in Corinth he was being opposed by many of the Jews. He was trying to present them with the Truth and they were arguing with him and causing him grief. In reading this chapter you can tell that Paul was getting frustrated. At one point he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”
Paul was clearly at his wits end with these people, but God was not done working through him here. That’s when Paul had this vision. In it God speaks to him saying, “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you.” If that isn’t encouraging nothing will be. Ask yourself this question, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” And God tells Paul right here that He is with him.
In our lives it is easy to get discouraged, just like Paul did. Things don’t seem to be going our way. Everytime we try to do something its like running into a wall. While this scripture tells of a time when God was specifically speaking to Paul, I believe He is telling us the same thing. “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you.”
We have God on our side and His Spirit is in us. Without Him we can do nothing, but with Him we know that all things are possible. Now again I ask you this question, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment