Tuesday, December 16, 2014

This is Love. 1 Corinthians 13





This is Love
1 Corinthians 13


What is Love?
Some say Love is an emotion, like a potion
To cause a notion of devotion
To another.
Or maybe a feeling
On which you float up to the ceiling
Or to clouds up in the air
But is that really fair?
We all know that feelings fade
Could that really be how Love is made?
Does that mean the Love is gone
when the feeling go away?
Is that why Love doesn't last in this day and age?
There’s got to be another way, I pray.
Let’s see what God’s Word has to say
“And now I will show you the most excellent way”
If I speak in ways that everyone understands
In the tongues of angels and man
But don’t have Love,
It’s like I’m just banging on a can.
If I prophesy 
and there is is nothing I don’t understand,
and my faith can move mountains
or any other kind of land,
If I give all I have to the poor
and surrender my body to burn
But have not Love
It is nothing and that’s all I earn.
So now, here it is
a definition to learn:
Love is patient and it is kind.
With it envy, boasting and pride
you will not find.
It is not self-seeking.
There’s no anger or record-keeping.
Love hates evil and takes joy in what is true
Protecting, trusting hoping and persevering
are 4 more things that Love will always do.
What it comes down to 
is that in all the worlds ails.
No matter what may come, 
Love never fails
You want a perfect picture of Love? Picture this:
Jesus on the cross nails through His open fists
Blood flowing down His face
as He took all of our shame and disgrace
He took our place.
Jesus gave up everything,
if only to bring
Salvation to you and me.
When I think of Love
This is the picture I see.
And a God whose Love shows through this event.
Through Christ, His Son, who was heaven sent.
Love brings us back to our King
and gives us everything.
When all else is gone and fades away

 God’s Love will still remain.

1 comment:

  1. That may be the best rhyme I've heard from you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete