Thursday, December 18, 2014

1 Corinthians 15:56-57



1 Corinthians 15:56-57 - The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.



In our lives we can see things two different ways. We can see all the negative or we can see all the positive. There is both in our lives, but one will always seem to dominate based on our view.
It is so easy to focus on all the negative. I’ve been there many times asking myself the question, “What else could possibly go wrong?” No matter what you do, nothing seems to be working out and you start to get discouraged. You begin looking at yourself and your circumstances and you begin feeling sorry for yourself. All of a sudden it seems life sucks.
For many this is regarding current events, but some are still held up on the past experiences. They can’t let them go, saying things like, “You don’t know what I've been through.” And it’s true, I don’t know what they have been through. But I've seen my share of negative circumstances.
There was a time as a child when I was padlocked in my room with black plastic on the windows to block the light and nothing to comfort me except the cold bare floor. When I was let out, it was only long enough to receive a beating with a mallet or 2X4 and then I was returned to my prison.
I've seen hard times, but thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord! That is the key to a positive life. If you are experiencing something negative, acknowledge that it is happening, but then recognize the victory that you have through Christ. You have victory.
Don’t get held up on the negative, but embrace the positive. If you change your outlook on your situation you will change the way you respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment