Thursday, February 20, 2014

John 17:20-21

John 17:20-21 - “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in me so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”



Jesus was praying here for unity of the believers. He wants us to be united together just as He and the Father are together. Let’s take a look at that connection. Jesus and God, along with the Holy Spirit make up what has been referred to as the Trinity.
Now the Trinity is a union that is beyond our ability to fully understand, but one thing we do know is that it means three in one. So God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three in one. They are three separate entities, but they are joined together as one, inseparable. That is what is hard to comprehend.
They are separate beings, but we do not know where one stops and the next one begins. Whatever they do they are unified in it and working together for the same purpose and goal. Like Jesus said, “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.” They are one in the same.
That is the same unity that God desires for the church. We are to be unified and joined together with Him and each other. Just as Jesus is in the Father and the Father in Him, we ought to be in Him and in one another. That is how the world will believe in Jesus; through us. When they look at us they ought to be able to see Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment