Friday, February 14, 2014

John 11:25-26


John 11:25-26 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”



For hundreds of years people have been searching for the “fountain of youth.” It has been the subject of countless books and movies. People want to live forever. They don’t want to age, they don’t want to die. Many people spend their whole lives trying to find ways to keep their body from aging. Now as far as the body I don’t have an answer. Our bodies are just shells that house who we truly are. They are for us to live here on earth and then they will be discarded for our new eternal bodies that won’t age.
I do, however, have an answer for living forever. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the resurrection and the life. Jesus is our “fountain of youth”. In Him we find everlasting life and will never die. Again, I am not talking about your body, that is not you. I’m talking about your true self, your spiritual self, along with your soul. These two parts make up the real you and through Jesus you will live forever. That is what Jesus is saying here, “He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.” Your physical body may die, but you will not.
Once you receive Christ you enter life. Your spirit is revived and you become immortal. Jesus spoke these lines to Martha after her brother Lazarus died and I repeat it to you, “Do you believe this?” Jesus is our “fountain of youth”, we just need to receive Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment