Monday, February 17, 2014

John 14:12-14

John 14:12-14 - “I tell you the Truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”


Wow!! What a Promise! “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” Jesus opens up wide the possibilities here, but first He gives us some instructions. He says, “Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. Jesus tells us that if we truly have faith in Him we will do what He did. So if you want to know how to act and live, look to Jesus, He is our example.
First we see that Jesus walked in Love. He Loved God and Loved people and it was evident as He preferred others to Himself. With the attitude of a servant He met the needs of those around Him. As we continue in this chapter we see Him talking about how He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. He does nothing without the Father, and as we see here we see that He wishes that God be glorified through Him.
So that is the example of how we are to live our lives. When we put our faith in Jesus we are brought into Him. We become the body of Christ, and we know that Jesus is in God and God is in Jesus. So since we are in Jesus we are also in God and He in us. That is where we need to start. Realize that we are in God and from there we need to give all glory to Him. If we walk as Jesus walked our goal and desire will be to please the Father.
Now let’s look back at verse 14, “You may ask for anything in my name and I will do it.” In order to receive this promise we must fulfilling what Jesus instructed us to do in the prior verse. We must be living our live as He did. So as we put our faith in Him and begin walking in Love as He did, we know that we have been given the authority to ask for anything in His name and it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment